For the discussion of all diesel engines found in all Mercedes Benz vehicles (including passenger cars, unimogs, buses, etc) of all ages. Topics can include repairs, overhauling, theory of operation, reliability and performance modifications, and advanced maintenance techniques. This list is not for beginners and does not focus on the automobiles in which the engine is installed. This is an advanced list designed to compliment the existing list, email@example.com.
Who this list is for:
- People who have a good general understanding of how engines work.
- People who are looking for tips on engine repair, including associated components (transmissions, differential, etc).
- People who consider themselves a competent do-it-yourselfer, not afraid to dive into a problem.
- People who want to get a little power boost out of the turbo, have ideas to modify a glow plug relay, exploring advanced engine management, etc.
- People looking for help with custom MB diesel engine installations into other vehicles.
- People looking to run their engines on alternative fuels similar to diesel.
- People who are looking for an alternative to the other diesel list.
What you won't find on this list:
- People wondering why their engines won't start when its -5f outside
- Yet another basic discussion about oil (but advanced theory is welcome!)
- How to fix your climate control when its blowing cold air instead of hot air
- Someone who is new to working on cars and looking for a few tips to get started.
- Answers to basic questions that have been answered repeatedly on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Discussion of moose
- Discussion of Topsiders
This is an open, unmoderated mailing list run from mbz.org by Jaime Kopchinski using the majordomo mailing list processing software. Anybody may freely monitor or participate in the discussion here in a civil manner. If topics posted to the list are found to be more appropriate for email@example.com, a comment will be made. If you have some constructive, but unconventional ideas, we'd love to hear them. Respect your fellow list members, but don't be afraid to speak up when someone is wrong!